Dandruff is a stubborn problem in your life. You may get them often or you may get them occasionally. That does not matter. These flaky skins do not go away easily. You need to use anti-dandruff shampoos to keep them under control. Besides the shampoo and medicated treatment, you can use home remedies. There are plenty of natural remedies for dandruff which are very much effective.
Dandruff is caused by a fungus named Malassezia. It gets nutrients from the oil present on our scalp. This makes the scalp to become dry and the scalp sheds skin faster. Hence you get flaky white skins or dandruff.
If you have coloured hair, you need to be extra careful about dandruff. You can use anti-dandruff shampoo for colour treated hair twice or thrice in a week to keep dandruff under control. Besides that, use home remedies for better result.
- Onion is one of the popular remedies. Onion has great anti-microbial properties that prevent dandruff. It also makes blood circulation better in the scalp. You can blend a large or medium onion with respect to your hair length. Apply smooth onion taste in your scalp and then proceed to the tips. Keep it for half or one hour and then wash wild a mild shampoo.
- Tea tree oil is extremely beneficial if you have coloured hair. Besides using anti-dandruff shampoos for colour treated hair, use tea tree oil regularly to cure dandruff. This oil has strong anti-fungal properties that help to fight dandruff. You just need to add 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil in any essential oil and massage in your hair.
- Apple cider vinegar or ACV is now a super remedy. It helps to maintain the pH balance of scalp so that yeasts cannot grow in the scalp. It also cleanses hair and deep cleans clogged pores. Mix two cups of ACV in three cups of cold water and wash your hair with this mixture after shampooing. You need to let it seat for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- Coconut oil is great as an anti-bacterial agent. It treats itchiness and provides relief. Besides that, coconut oil kills the fungus and stop dandruff. You can mix a little lime juice with coconut oil and apply on your scalp. Regularly use this oil to stop dandruff.
- Baking soda is a great exfoliator. It exfoliates and cleanses the dead cells off from hair and scalp. Besides this, baking soda also kills the fungus responsible for dandruff. You can apply an adequate amount of baking soda on your wet scalp and massage gently. Next, wash with warm water. Do not use shampoo.
- Garlic is rich in salicylic acid. This acid is widely used for dandruff prevention and acne prevention. Use garlic with honey. Honey has strong antimicrobial properties. Crush some garlic cloves and let the oil come out. Add honey into it and make a smooth mask. Apply this mask in your hair and let it sit for five to ten minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
These remedies need to be followed for some days to get results. These remedies are natural and are side effect free. Besides that, these remedies are affordable and easy to find.